Should you hire a professional carpet cleaning company or do it yourself?
If you are stuck with this question of cleaning your carpet yourself or hiring the professional, you are at the right place. You need your carpet to be clean and you are on a budget, so you might be tempted to clean it yourself. Well you have option to clean it on your own by renting a cleaning machine in just few dollars. But before choosing that option asks yourself, is it worth sacrificing your free time, effort and the inconvenience, but more important can it get the job done properly? What are you actually going to save if you do it yourself?
In this article we have discussed the pros and the cons of both the way. Hopefully in the end it will help you will you to make your stand.
First lets us consider the pros and cons of “do it yourself”
- Saving: if you gonna choose to clean it yourself, you are going to save money. But at what cost you can decide that for yourself. You might only see the renting fare of the machine but the hidden charges like the cost of cleaning materials comes along with it. In the end you will be on your budget but you will be saving only few pennies.
- Multi-purpose machine: this is only when you are going to BUY the machine. Nowadays there are multi-purpose machines which are capable of cleaning from bare floors, carpets, rugs, stairs, to upholstery. Some models can also be use for both wet and dry vacuuming.
I could not think any logical pros for cleaning your carpet on yourself, except the above two, well you can also consider the exercising part or let’s say over- exercise.
- Heavy and complicated machine: The machines are heavy and complicated to use especially if you are bad with gadgets. They require at least two trips to the store, which can be really messy and awkward. Even if you have the operating manual you have very less amount to figure out the process, and of course they are time consuming.
- Messy: the machine can leave carpets excessive wet creating an offensive odour and also inviting mold and mildew that can make your family and visitors sick.
- Unsafe cleaning agents: the detergents recommended for use with these machines can be unsafe for some type of carpets beside it can also leave behind sticky residue which will act as a magnet for dirt and dust particles. In the end your carpet will be in worst condition than before.
Pros for professional carpet cleaning:
- Effortless: the machine comes to you along with someone who knows how to operate. You don’t need to go anywhere or do anything, just open the door and relax with your cookies, or read books.
- Moisture-less: professional carpet cleaning doesn’t leave behind excess moisture or sticky residue. This makes the carpet clean and fresh.
- Pro: if you are calling the professional remember you are calling the pros of cleaning, the cleaners are qualified and well trained for different types of carpets.
- Equipments: using powerful equipments and cleaning solutions, professional carpet cleaning services can achieve deep down clean, beyond what you can see clean.
- Expensive: Professional carpet cleaning is not as cheap as renting a machine and cleaning it yourself. But it said you get what you pay for.
Well I could not find any other cons for professional carpet cleaning. We could conclude that professional cleaning is best than doing it yourself.